Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Songs,The "New" Format, and The Weirdo


As I told you, last nights performances would be revolved around movie soundtracks. I knew this theme was going to be a flop. I was sleepy.
Last week, the judges couldn't keep within the time constraints of the show and it ran 8 minutes over and therefore, those who DVR'ed Idol didn't get to see Adam's performance, causing a backlash of fan frenzy. So, the new rule was only two judges got to critique the performers, and they STILL managed to go over time by 3 minutes.

Quentin Tarintino...a mentor? Really???? Sure, he's a great director of movies, but he just gave me the heebie jeebies last night.

Let's start the sleep fest, shall we?

First was Allison. She did one of my most least favorite songs from Aerosmith...I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing. Unfortunately, I wish I would have missed the entire show, but she's good and she did better than most of the folks in the show this week. 16 years old and manages to keep herself grounded. That's more than I can say for myself now!

Anoop took the stage and did Bryan Adams...Everything I do, I do for You. He did fine. Better than I thought he would. My personal issue is the song. This is the song with which I equate Bryan Adams becoming AC, also knows as, Easy Listening. Blech. No points from me. But I do enjoy the pic of Anoop with the balloons. He looks quite gay.

Next up was Adam. He was the only one who did an upbeat song, and while his performance was no "Mad World" from last week, it was the best from from this week. And BTW...the judges have been getting all kinds of flack for being so vocal about supporting Adam, I couldn't help but notice that the bus was trying to be re-steered by Simon. I dont know what the big deal is...its not like it's a big secret that Adam is more talented than the rest of the crew. He's still the one to beat, like it or not. Oh, and my little 2 year old daughter indicted that she liked his shoes and wanted to hug them.

Danny Gokey did Endless Love by Lionel Ritchie. I used to be a pretty big supporter of Gokey...but he's slowly slipping off my radar. The version was so middle of the road and predictable. He didnt wear any glasses this week. I give him kudos for that, since everyone was talking about his glasses and not his singing...now what will they talk about??? I also agreed with QT that Danny needs to quit doing that thing with his hands. Like a rappy/gangsta thing.



Kris did a song I dont know, and honestly, I needed some Frito's and that was the perfect time for me to head upstairs and grab those and some conqueso. Kris is cute, I'll give all the boys and girls that...but he's not flipplin' my lid vocally. His t-shirts are cool, though. Oh, and he does wear his pants extra tight, which takes the guess work out of wondering what religion he is.


Lil did "The Rose" and I was wondering WTF is she thinking??!!! The Rose by Bette Midler??? Sorry, the judges have been telling her how she is picking the wrong songs...at least she is consistant in that. I wa amazed at how fast she can grow her hair!!! I also think that her mic looked more like a phallic symbol than anyone else's did. She told Simon that she added Gospel to the song and I didn't hear it. I heard a splash of desperation, though.Finally, Matt ruined another Bryan Adams song. "Have you ever really loved a woman". It wasnt good at all.

Preditions...Lil Goes home tonight.

No comments: