Thursday, May 7, 2009

Good bye...


Obviously, I have to talk about Allison getting voted off last night on Idol. But, there are more important, creepy things to talk about after I give my useless opinion.

You know, I am really bummed about Allison being booted off last night. She was always consistent with her performances. But, as it has been pointed out 422 times, she is only 17!!! She has a great future ahead of her. I know she will be successful in her music career.

Let's talk about the hideous group sing. Slash play geet-ar while the gang screeched their way through "School's Out" by Alice Cooper. Here's what really affected me. Danny Gokey trying to throw in a rhythm riff in this great classic rock song. It made me not only wince, but it made me kind of pissed.

You saw the backstage clips where the contestants give brief thoughts on how they did after their performance. Danny Gokey said "rock's just not my genre". Well, so!!!!!!!!! Is every category Adam's genre??? NO! He just knows how to make every situation and every theme work for him. Danny just doesn't have that skill. I do give him props for making fun of himself with that horrible note he tried to hit the other night.

What I reallllly want to talk about is Paula Abdul's routine. Holy crap. I was confused, embarrassed, scared, and quite taken aback. I felt like she was trying to be Britney. Obviously, she lip synched the song. Then she had the digital effects on her voice..."The Cher Effect" is what I call it. If you have to enhance your voice with fake effects the entire song, I would say just dont bother, you know? The routine was just crazy. I am going to post it so you can watch it for yourself...over and over again. I do have to say, Paula is in really good shape. I'll give her that.


No comments: