Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Thoughts on Idol last night

It was American Idol first. Duet night! I was kind of worried when this was announced because there are 3 guys and one girl. You do the math. SOMEBODY was going to have to sing a duet with SOMEONE of the same sex!



First, Adam came out and set the stage for the evening. He did "Whole Lotta Love" by Led Zeppelin and he just did a freaking amazing job. To my surprise, the judges gushed over his performance and all of them agreed that no one was going to be able to top what he just did on stage. They were right.

Danny and Kris came out and did a duet with "Renegade" by Styx. Eww. It really was just hideous. Now, I am going to bring this up and I need to know if anyone else noticed. It really seemed to me like Danny and Kris were really upset about something. I couldn't place what was going on. Even when they were performing, they looked really pissed off. I would really like to know what was going on behind the scenes.

Next up Allison. You know, she did a pretty good with Janis Joplin's "Cry Baby". She has a great raspy lower register, but in parts she just screamed. She looked really good. I am really glad she got her hair done. She even announced that she used Adam's stylist of two years. Her hair was kind of looking dry and straw-ish.

Kris was next and he did a very boring rendition of "Come Together" by the Beatles. It was so vanilla and non-expressive, I thought there was a can on sardines up there singing. He was obviously uncomfortable, unhappy, and many other "un" words. Not impressive. I was left wishing Lil Rounds was back.

Oh boy. Danny Gokey. He decided that he would like to hack Aerosmith's version of "Dream On". From the first note, I knew he was in trouble. It was just not good. And it was ROCK night, why in the world was he wearing a pin stripe suit for and Aerosmith song???? I felt really disconnected with Danny last night. Again, he seemed really pissed about something.

Finally, Adam and Allison finished up with a duet of "Slow Ride" by Foghat. They tore that sh** up. I mean parts of it were kind of hokey, but they really did have chemistry and looked like they were having a great time.

This is a tough call for me. Going home tonight.....

My prediction is ....

Kris.

No comments: