Wednesday, April 1, 2009

American Idol


The crap hit the fan from the beginning of the she show. You know what I say...get the turds out of the way and let the real performers....well, perform.

The contestants had a "the sky's the limit" kind of theme week. Barring any copyright laws and permissions, they could pick ANY song that showcased their "talents" that made it to the Billboard Charts.

Anoop, who I think did an ok job last week, butchered the hell out of an Usher song. USHER....really, Ahpoop? It was horrendous and might I add that it is very uncomfortable watching him for some reason. His facial expressions are very creepy.

Megan is just becoming a parody of herself. She did a Bob Marley song. I am going to say this...NO ONE SHOULD DO A BOB MARLEY SONG on idol. Remember last season when Jason Castro did it? It flopped like my boobs when I go running. So did Megan's version.

Other stink assed awards go to:

Scott. WTF? How much longer are we going to tell this guy that he is potentially an american idol? I mean can't he HEAR himself? I am sorry if I sound harsh, but damn, I cant let this go on anymore. He's already on tour, so lets cut the apron strings NOW!

So, Matt, who is a really awesome soul singer, decided that he would try his rock roots AGAIN, unsuccessfully. He did a screechy version of The Fray's song. It truly reminded me of how I sound when I belt out Candlebox...or even worse...my brother's favorite group... WASP. Just because you like a song, it doesnt mean that you can sing it.

Lil Rounds - Baby got back and I like it...howevAH, her choice of Celine Dion really gave me whiplash last night. I thought for sure she would bust out some Mary J. or Whitney...

I mean, I love Neil Diamond, but I sure the hell can't sing like him!!

My boy Adam knocked it out of the park again. A great version of Play that Funky Music White Boy!! I think he needs to be careful that he doesnt come across as screeching. I love this guy!!

Danny Gokey did an awesome job too on a Rascal Flatts song. It was emotional and I am getting ready to start my period, so it did a number on me!

Chris did good too! Though I am constantly reminded of a camel when he sings. His mouth goes from side to side rather than up and down.

Allison stated that she played the guitar and got on stage and played 2 notes for about 20-seconds. She sang her No Doubt song with a nice enough edge.

My prediction:

So long Anoopy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WRONG!