Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Big O!!!

Warning...Warning...you are about to read a big Adam Ass kiss-fest!!! Be prepared before you read!


I love how Idol saves the best for last. I have to tell you, I am tuning in just to watch Adam Lambert. I want to see what song he has chosen and how he will tear it up. Usually, I save my favorite for last, but I have (Adam) ants in my pants and I just cant wait to gush. Adam did Tears for Fears "Mad World". I had all but forgotten that song, but I remember it now. Adam gave me chills. I have watched it 442 more times since last night, and I am still getting chills. Simon gave him a standing ovation. That's how good it was. It's weird. I want him to win, but then I don't. Let me explain. I like where he is right now. If they could make Idol a year long and just let Adam sing and perform every week, that would be awesome. He is a big fish in a small pond right now. When he is off the show, I don't want him to mesh in with the rest. I want him to stand out and be the only one. Weird, huh? That's me in a nutshell.
For your viewing enjoyment, I am putting the video here and on the sidebar.



So, I guess I should talk about everyone else. Was there anyone else last night???
Let's start with Danny Gokey.

Danny did a rendition of Stand By Me that was ok. I mean, he does have a nice smokey voice, but I think he is getting cocky. Sorry Gokey-heads. Smokey Gokey is beginning to sound Hokey! So you better watch your tude, Gokey...okey dokey???

Next up to the slaughtering...Lil Rounds.

Oh Lil. There was so much hope for her at the beginning. When she does MJB she is awesome. Last night, she did Tina Turner "What's Love Got to Do With It"...one of my favorite Tina songs. First of all, I looked away in embarrassment for her when she first stepped out onto the stage. She was trying to mimic the way Tina does her sexy strut, falling very short. Lil screamed her way through the song. It was just uncomfortable to watch because she was trying to impersonate Tina, rather than sing and it came off as ...well, crappy. Lil cried when Simon lambasted her. I cried because she has forever branded her version of the song in my head. Lil...could be in trouble tonight.

Who's next....Anoop!
Now, I know that there are a lot of Anoop fans lurking in the shadows of AI. I am not going to say that Noop did a horrible job last night. He did "True Colors" by Cyndi Lauper. He did ok. Before Adam performed, I thought Anoop did pretty good. My problem with La Poopster, is his image. He is wearing these preppy clothes...it just seems very vanilla to me. He doesn't dress cool. Image is a huge part of the show. He is having a hard time letting go of his frat boy mentality. I don't likey!!!

Next...Allison Iraheta
I have to say that I really like Allison. She is freakin' 16 years old and really sings like she is 25. She did one of my all time favorite songs by Bonnie Raitt..."I Can't Make You Love Me". This song has such awesome meaning behind it, and I wondered if someone her age would get it or even understand it. I loved what she did with it. She included her rocker edge and gave the song a whole new perspective. Pretty damned impressive...especially for someone who was born in (gulp) 1992. I think this kid has a long career ahead of her.

Let's see...Kris Allen, please step right up to receive your lashing:

Kris decided to move his show on the road into the pit area of the stage to take on one of the most boring songs of all time..."all She Wants to do is Dance" by Don Henley. Ick. I never liked this song, and I am reminded of a phrase a good friend of mine once told me. "You can't polish a turd". This is really all I need to say. I don't care if you flip it, rub it, or smack it down...this song will always be a turd.

Ok...Matt Giraud...Thanfully, Matt decided he'd better stay away from the alternative/rock scene. He did "Part-time Lovers" by Stevie Wonder. I mean, for me, it was fine and dandy. I am not quite sure why the judges decided to bathe him in a tub full of "ooh's and ahh's". I might have some anguish towards Matt because he always tips is hat to the side and I find myself watching with my head cocked.

My friends...I have saved the worst for last.
Scott MacIntyre.
Last night, Scott decided to step away from the piano and play the guitar...the freaking electric guitar. It was just terrible. And he was so off key that my dog Levi woke up out of his sleep and began howling. I kid you not. Ironically, Scott performed "The Search is Over".

Yes the search is over. My prediction is Scott goes home tonight and the search for our next American Idol was over from the moment Adam Lambert opened his mouth!!

BTW...I am up to 446 times...I watched Adam's performance several times while typing this blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Sis...I didn't get to see any of the performances, but I too feel older than dirt after seeing, "You Can't Make Me Love You," as a choice.

God damn...I am OLD!